Another seminar for public land owners took place in Zlín on April 20th with the participation of 53 public land owners and representatives from ecological organizations Arnika, Veronica and Bílé Karpaty.
The main goal of the training was to transfer basic and advanced know-how of the SRC plantation.
The participants were introduced into the training course by Miroslava Knotkova, the director of the Energy agency of the Zlín Region.
The general introduction was followed by presentations focused on:
– economical and sustainability issues
– promotion of the best agricultural practices in other regions
– financial schemes available for short rotation crops (SRC)
– utilising the energy from SRC for increasing self-sufficiency in the Zlín Region
– current situation, opportunities, barriers and practical examples from the Zlín Region
Besides sharing the knowledge in SRC field the seminar helped to strengthen the cooperation among Energy agency of the Zlín Region, public land owners and other stakeholders within the Zlín Region.
Multi-level governance guidebook was created within the project Coopenergy and its creation involved by several partner organizations from EU, including the Energy agency Zlín. This guid helps representatives of regional and local planning. To this purpose the Guid also include examples of good practise. These examples are divided into 4 groups, which are:
– Joint strategic plannig: examples are focused onthe formation of community among municipalities, citizes, local buisnesses and investors who plan together and decided on measures to improve local energy policy.
– Financial mechanisms: examples deal with agreements between the municipalities and cities with investors at the posibilities for financing project.
– Modeling, planing and monitoring: Using long-term monitoring of energy consumption can plan appropriate energy projects aimed at supporting the development of renewable energy sourcesand reduce energy consumption.
– Incarase the awareness and involvement of stakeholders: examples demonstrate how you can incarase awareness about problems of the public sector and how involve investors in solution.
Context and rationale
The creation of the Zlín Region Energy Monitoring Centre is a logical step following previous DATA4ACTION project activities, especially
- Detailed review and sharing of other European projects’ experiences
- Reviewing current situation in the Zlín Region as well as in the whole Czech Republic region and country
- Setting up a Regional Steering Committees in the Zlín Region
- Peer learning activities carried out between DATA4ACTION partners with different level of implementation of collaboration models
The Regional Energy Observatory in the Zlín Region was established by the Council of the Zlín Region on 13th July 2015 as the Zlín Region Energy Monitoring Centre.
The monitoring centre will be operated as a part of the Energy Agency of the Zlín Region (EAZK). Institutionalization of the monitoring centre and defining its structure, long term goals and specific targets will lead to the improvement and development of energy management of towns and municipalities within the Zlín Region. The monitoring centre will become an official tool, through which it is possible to monitor and more effectively implement the Energy Concept of the Zlín Region, regional SEAP and SEAPs of particular municipalities.
Energy Agency of the Zlín region signed the first collaboration agreement with E.ON (energy data provider) on 17th August 2015. Partners expressed interest in improving the environment by pursuing energy savings, reduction of harmful emissions and contribution to improving the quality of life in the region. The aim is to establish cooperation between the partners through the exchange of data on energy consumptions, ways of heating, intention and factors influencing energy consumption and thus pollution. Concrete data will be obtained upon the list of consumers with the approval of these consumers for EAZK to dispose with the data on:
– Energy consumption of specific technological processes of particular consumers
EAZK will continue in signing collaboration agreements both with data providers and municipalities. There are several subjects foreseen to be signed the collaboration agreements with in upcoming year, among them:
- CHP Valašské Meziříčí (data provider)
- CHP Otrokovice (data provider)
- Valašské Klobouky (municipality)
- Otrokovice (municipality)
The first promotion of the SRCproject on the agriculture fair called Zeme Zivitelka (in English ´Bread Basket´) took place in Ceske Budejovice (South Bohemian region) on 30th of August. The fair is focused mainly on a land renewal, rural development technology, plant and animal production, agricultural technology, food production, forestry and water system, gardening and breeding and services for agriculture. The EAZK promoted the SRCplus project and Short rotation crops via the stand. The promotion involved dissemination of flyers of the SRCplus project, posters and the outcomes of WP2 including (Report on sustainability criteria and handbook of SRC). This fair is the biggest of its kind in the Czech Republic and is visited by more than 100 thousand visitors. Besides the dissemination the promotional materials to visitors of the SRC+ stand also the personal consultations with participants took place. These consultations lead 23 new contacts to be involved in the SRC+ database with potential participants of SRC+ training courses and study visits. The visitors of the fair were mainly interested in SRC plants and SRC machinery, with some of them a questionnaire was completed personally to be utilised further in the course of the project.
Energetická agentura Zlínského kraje upozorňuje, že je otevřen Program Nová zelená úsporám pro rok 2015. Program je jednodušší a lze žádat i o částečné zateplení nebo doplnění opatření již k realizovaným opatřením na úspory energie. Nově nepotřebujete registraci forem a svt kódy výrobků, návrh opatření a výpočty mohou provádět proškolení projektanti, jejich seznam najdete na:
Seznam energetických specialistů zde a projektantů najdete zde a zde .
Změny v pravidlech pro rok 2015: Celý článek…
The first training event for farmers in the Zlín Region took place in Zlín on Thursday 28/05/2015.
23 farmers from the whole area of the Zlín Region participated in this event. The main goal of the meeting was to transfer the know-how on SRC plantation, discuss economic issues, and promote the best agricultural practices as well as address sustainability issues in the selection process of suitable areas.
The farmers were introduced into the training course by the project manager Tomáš Perutka from the Energy agency of the Zlín Region (EAZK). After the short introduction the importance of the short rotation crops for the extension of the sustainable energy mix of the region was stressed out by Ivan Mařák, the deputy governor of the Zlín Region for spatial planning, environment and rural development. Afterwards, the participants were introduced to the situation of the SCR in Europe by Jan Vidomus from EAZK, sharing his experience from international SRC study tour in Sweden from February 2015.
Then the crucial part of the training course followed, led by Luďka Čížková, the experienced expert on SRC plantation in the area of Central Europe and Miroslava Knotková, the director of the EAZK. The presentations and discussions with farmers were focused on various issues related to SRC plantation like species, sustainability, machinery and equipment, costs analysis, SRC plantations in degraded soil and use of wood chips.
The participating farmers were proactively cooperating with sharing their experience and issues they have with SRC plantations development. At the end of the training course the feedback was collected from the participants in which they very favourably evaluated the information provided them during the event.